STRATEGIES & KEY INITIATIVES
Detroit at Work
Created in February 2017 to provide one entry point into the workforce system for jobseekers and employers alike, Detroit at Work provides information on in-demand career pathways and training programs that are aligned to jobs in growing career sectors in healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, construction and transportation, energy and utilities, and small business.
The system-wide capacity required to understand and address the needs of Detroit jobseekers and Detroit’s employer community requires a new and continuously improving strategy for service delivery. That is Detroit at Work, where Detroit’s jobseekers, employers, and opportunity connect.
Detroit at Work Career Center Locations:
In 2021 Detroit at Work expanded its career center system to nine centers that cover each of Detroit’s City Council districts. These career centers are managed by community organizations with deep roots in the neighborhoods surrounding the centers. With this expansion, no Detroiter is more than 3 miles away from accessing the career support they are looking for.
- 24424 W. McNichols, Detroit, MI 48219
- 18100 Meyers, Detroit, MI 48235 (Northwest Activities Center)
- 14117 E. Seven Mile, Detroit, MI 48205
- 18017 E. Warren, Detroit, MI 48224 (Opening Fall 2021)
- 5901 Connor, Detroit, MI 48213 (WCCCD)
- 2470 Collingwood, Detroit, MI 48206 (Durfee Innovation Center)
- 2835 Bagley, Detroit, MI 48216 (Michigan Welcome Center)
- 9301 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, MI 48210
- 16427 W. Warren, Detroit, MI 48228
Connect to Detroit at Work online or by calling us at 313-962-WORK (9675).
I was a night-time security guard at a construction site. It only paid about $9 an hour. That’s when I caught wind of the DEEP program that was training Detroit Citizens for environmental positions. Right after the training we had panel interviews. BBEK happened to be one of the companies at the interview. I guess I nailed the interview and here I am now. Started at $18 an hour and now I’m actually at $25.
DEEP; BBEK Environmental